Friday, February 12, 2010

Of Whom Shall I Be Afraid?

Today I advised my employer that I will be retiring, probably by October. I hope to join my bishop and his wife in developing a residential monastery in the Poconos in Pennsylvania. I am so happy to be leaving the 9-5 behind! Just not commuting will save about 4 hours a day. I will be poor but happy, I think! My daughter and grandson will be displeased, but it is past time my daughter stood on her own two feet and I have no doubt of my grandson's ability to make his own way in the world.

A time to sow and a time to reap.
I look forward to time to write a couple of books I have in mind. Even if only my friends read them, I will enjoy writing. Always have.

Dearest Lord, how grateful I am to have had such a good job - and how happy I am to be leaving it!

2 comments:

  1. Wooohooo!!! :) My heart is filled with joy for you and so happy that you can retire to a life devoted to the Lord.... someday I wish for the same for myself. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too, dear! It is my hope to spend lots more time in service to God's people. Be well and happy in His Love. Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete