Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Retirement Party

Because of how wonderfully touching the tributes were that I recieved at my retirement party yesterday, I was reminded how deeply wounded I still am. Part of me still has trouble believing anyone thinks that well of me. I was also reminded how far I have come, thanks to grace, in being able to love other people as they are. It was particularly touching to me that they went to the trouble to hire a live Celtic band to play at the party, and that they saw fit to give me the financial gift normally reserved for those who have worked for 30 years at the firm (I have only been here 23 years). My home church will beenfit greatly!

I go forth from my workaday life to retirement with fond memories and great challenges ahead. May God richly bless those in my firm who have been such a big part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment