Friday, February 14, 2014

Being Love

I have been thinking today about the people who dread and hate Valentine's Day because they don't have a "sweetheart."  I have been praying for them and wishing I could give them some of the great joy in my heart today. 

I have no  "sweetheart" per se.  I do have One Who loves me.  He is crazy about me; he would and has done anything for me.  I live so deeply connected to that One that I rarely get lonely. 

Sometimes I do; I am no saint.  I have days when my "skin hunger" hurts...there is no one to hug me or to "pet" me when I feel poorly or self-pitying.  I even have days when I don't believe in God.  I have times when I wonder whether I have lived my life deluded.

And then I go inside my heart's enclosure where He is and I rest in that soft, silent warmth  and I rejoice. So long as I keep to my spiritual practices, I live and breathe and have my being in God.  I am content.  I gave  up everything to Him and He gave it all back, full, pressed down and overflowing.

He will do that for absolutely anyone...He longs to do it...when you hurt, He hurts...Never, never stop seeking that place inside you where He dwells with welcome and a joyful smile just for you.

In His Love and Laughter,
Your friend,
Sr. Patti+

No comments:

Post a Comment