Monday, October 14, 2013

"Prepared for Red Martyrdom"

A mind prepared for red martyrdom [that is death for the faith].
Do not hesitate to sacrifice your own comfort and security and even your life for the sake of your Faith, which is in Christ Jesus.
Reflection:    While this is not likely unless one travels to an Islamic land and tries to evangelize, we are nonetheless required to demonstrate the same level of commitment as the early martyrs.  We must speak truth to power; we must pray for the courage to take risks, to step out of our comfort zone.  For some of us the challenge may be to accept that we are doing the best we can and that it is in fact all right to be happy!  My faith in Christ Jesus tells me that I am deeply loved, and that there are no limits or conditions on that love.  Neither must I withhold the least thing from my Beloved.  Daily I grow more grateful for the Rule and for the Order.
(Note:  I am writing in a larger font so I can read it myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment