Friday, July 9, 2010

I stand corrected, somewhat

Well, I was partly wrong...
I don't have a television, so I missed it on the news....
I guess there was rioting and looting for most of the night in Oakland. The people present at the reading of the verdict were not the ones who got involved in that. Rather, it was a bunch of white professional anarchists from out of town, plus a bunch of drunks who were taking the opportunity to say "F*** the police." The very police whom they will complain about for not coming to their bad neighborhood for fear of getting killed. I heard that Kaiser told its nurses to stay home because at 5:00 a.m., there was still trouble downtown.
I really resent this behavior, beacause it gives protest a bad name. Besides, how stupid is it to essentially say, we will no longer be oppressed, and then trash your own city? This is NOT being the change that you want to see in the world. This is just greed and lack of self-control on top of lack of respect for others. May God help us to mature as human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment